5 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

Mommy Factor Update: New Focus & Travel Section

To contact us Click HERE

The past few months have been very busy here on The Mommy Factor. Yes, I've been covering lots of cool events and sharing awesome fun products reviews but more things have been happening behind the scenes!

blog changes

First, have you noticed anything different about my url link? I finally bought my own domain! I've been agonizing over it for months now. Ok for the last few years! When I started this blog 3 years ago, I didn't know what would happen. Would I find a place in the mom blog world and become famous? Or drift off into the bloggie sunset never to be heard from again? I think we all know the answer to that question.

But when I first started I was faced with a dilemma about my url. Since I didn't snap up my domain name when I first thought about it, it was bought by a domain hoarder. Of course they're willing to sell it for some unreasonable price. While it would be nice to have a .com link I just wasn't willing to pay the asking price. Besides, the .net was available so I spent my money there instead. Now I have my own url for this blog. Granted 3 years later but better late then never right? *big grin*

Once I made that big decision it was time to get serious about this blog. If you haven't visited in a while you may not have noticed but I changed my template layout. It's still simple and clean but it has some fun splashes of color and design.

Now I'm currently working on my logo to go with my new layout. I'm excited about it since the women juggling everything is SO me. I can so identify with that logo. So identify!

Speaking of identifying, I'm desperate to put more of me into this blog. I keep trying to sneak in bits of my life here and there but it's not enough. I decided to just jump right in and write about the things I want to share with my readers. One of the new sections of this blog will be travel (in and out the city)

All my friends know I LOVE being out and about doing fun things. I actually do a lot of touring around town with my son. This summer I plan on doing as many fun things as we can. My son is going to be 4 years old and this is the time to start building travel memories with him.

So the new travel section will feature some activities we've done, that I think you and your family will enjoy also. It will also feature products and information useful to families planning travel this year or whenever.

Lastly, I'm slowly phasing out PR only related posts so I can FULLY have a personal voice here. But not just my voice. I've been thinking about this for a long time also. I really think this blog would be great as a community blog. I would love to have different moms sharing their stories and experiences here. So now I'm on the search to find moms (and grandmothers, aunts, cousins, whoever!) to join me in writing here, to help expand what it means when being a "mom" is the factor is all parts of your life. So if you know of anyone send them over!

So friends that is just a few changes happening here on The Mommy Factor. What do you think?

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

Posted in: Blog, SocialMom

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder